As expected Chennai Express is smashing records relentlessly at the box office and creating its new ones! The film which released on Friday at the eve of Eid, is surely one of the year’s most hailed films, both box-office and otherwise.
Here’s a quick look at some of the records that Chennai Express has literally destroyed this weekend.
1. In U.K circuit, Chennai Express preview day collections (£ 142,220) were the most overwhelming as it managed to surpass the records previously held by My Name Is Khan, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots and Salman Khan’s Ek Tha Tiger.
2. The film made a record of the Highest Paid-Preview Day Collections. The film earned 6.75 crores from its paid previews only.
3. In Singapore too, the film with a box office collections of $ 95,400 on Thursday, which was the highest opening day collections raked by any Bollywood film in the circuit.
4. In U.A.E circuit of G.C.C, the film saw the highest opening ever with a cumulative collections of $575,000.
5. In U.K again, the film saw the highest opening day collections ever witnessed for a Bollywood film as it collected £ 258,598 on its 1st Friday in the region.
6. The film also recorded the highest opening day collections ever, at the domestic box office beating Salman Khan’s record of 32.92 crores of Ek Tha Tiger. Chennai Express made a whooping 33.10 crores at the domestic box office.
7. The film began famously even in U.S.A and Canada as it collected an approximate of $700,00 on its opening day alone becoming the 1st Bollywood film to have such a grand opening in the circuit.